Tuesday, July 10, 2012

snuggles

Tonight was a typical night in the Ellis household.  I gave Amelia a bath, it is a struggle to get her in and a struggle to get her out!  She loves her bath, but for some reason, it is always a battle to get her in there.  So, after her bath, I take her out, and she is mad to get out of her bath.  That is when the temper tantrum began.  So, I decided she was just going to go straight to bed, no story, no snuggle time, nothing.  So, she climbed into bed on her own.  I was like ok, guess it doesn't hurt her feelings too much.  So, I tell her night night, give her a kiss, and I go downstairs, turn on the monitor and sit to relax for a minute.  She starts crying, I give it a few minutes, and then say ok, I know she is sad, so I'm going to go up there.  My plan was to just sternly say night, night, and put her to bed, but she was so excited when I came in that she jumped out of bed.  I decided, I would just rock her instead, and we would have a little talk.  So, I picked her up and held her like I did when she was a baby, and told her how she makes me feel when she acts the way she does.  I know she doesn't really understand what I said.  But, for the first time in several months, I got to hold my little girl like she was a baby again.  She laid her little head on me and just went to sleep.  It was the sweetest, most wonderful moment of my day!  I was feeling so sad, and lost as to how to handle her tantrums, but that moment of rocking my sweet girl just made that all go away.  I know this is a phase that she will get through, and we just have to be patient with each other.  I just hope we make it through it all, and they get better in the next 8 weeks!


These are really old photos of her and the bath, she was probably 5 months old here, but these are the only photos I have of my sweet girl after she enjoyed her bath.  I guess I need to take more photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment