Friday, July 27, 2012

Flashback Friday

We are sitting here watching the opening ceremonies to the olympics, so it makes me think back to the last olympics 4 years ago.  Drew and I were getting ready to go on our "honeymoon."  We took a delayed honeymoon.  We watched the opening ceremonies with our friends in Knoxville, then left the following morning.  We missed a lot of the olympics that year, but we were ok with that.

We went to Cozumel for our honeymoon.  It was wonderful!  I loved it, and so did Drew.  He was a little fish.  We brought our on snorkels and fins, and spent a lot of time exploring the water.  We did a lot of fun excursions also.  Our first excursion, we went to chichenitza (unsure of the spelling), swam in a conote (unsure of spelling also, but it is a large swimming hole), it was beautiful, but I just observed from the sides, I wasn't brave enough to actually jump in, and we toured an old city.  We were completely exhausted by the end of that day.  I also received a call from one of my good friends letting me know she was going to have a baby.  Our other excursions consisted of swimming with dolphins, snorkeling, and touring some more mayan ruins. 

The last day we were there, we rented a VW beetle and toured the island.  We went to a public beach.  We swam out about 150 yards to snorkel.  I thought I was going to die by the time we got out there.  But, it was the best snorkeling of the whole trip.  We saw all kinds of sea animals.  Drew went out a second time, I was too exhausted to go out twice.  But, he saw a shark on the second trip.  I'm not sure that I am too sad about missing that! 
This is in front of chichinitza.  It was really hot that day!
 
We were headed out for dinner, these were local performers. 
This was our last dinner in Cozumel.
This was at the Mayan ruins of Tulum.  It was absolutely beautiful.  It was built on some cliffs overlooking the Caribbean.

It is truly amazing how much our lives have changed in the past 4 years.  We were just getting married then, now we are living in a new city and about to welcome our second baby girl.  I look forward to seeing where life takes us in the next 4 years.  Hopefully another tropical island or 2 before the next olympics!

No comments:

Post a Comment