Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday!  I love everything about it, grilling out, playing, fireworks.  When I was growing up, my whole family would get together, and we would spend the entire day outside and it was just so much fun.  Nobody seemed stressed, everyone just enjoyed everyone else's company. 

We began our 4th of July celebration with a video chat with my sister.  She just discovered that she can do that, so we've been trying to make it work since last night.  Unfortunately, the network was down last night, so we had to postpone till this morning. 

We then met some friends at their family's pool and had a really good time with them.  It was our first trip to the pool this summer.  Amelia had a blast.  The child has no fear!  It makes me nervous.  I try to not take my eyes off of her at all times.  But, she is a little bit of a daredevil, and will try anything.

The pool was very nice!  It had a large lounge area that we used as a kiddie pool. 

Amelia decided she wanted to swim with daddy!
She also liked to use the kiddie pool edge as her jumping in area.  She loved jumping in and having daddy catch her.  She would only do it for daddy.  I tried to play that game with her and she refused to jump to me.  I guess she feels safer with daddy! 

We then headed home for our afternoon nap.  We had a lazy afternoon, and it was wonderful!  Watched a little uncle buck and ghostbusters.  Love some 80's movies.  We then grilled out.  Amelia had watermelon, not for the first time, but for the first time that we had an actual good watermelon.  Last one I bought was horrible.  But, she loved it and couldn't get enough of it. 

We ended the night eating Sonic ice cream and watching the macy's fireworks on tv.  She danced with daddy.  It was so sweet to watch.  But, I must say I was a bit jealous.  Daddy doesn't dance with mommy, but she does have him wrapped around her finger!  Then she was on such a sugar high that she wanted to keep doing family hugs.  She stood between me and Drew and would just hug us as tight as we could and then we would get kisses.  It was a perfect ending to a wonderful day.  We both really enjoyed having daddy home with us and just relaxing. 

Hope everyone else enjoyed their 4th of July!



No comments:

Post a Comment