Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mini vacation day 4

Today was the last full day of our trip to Memphis.  We spent it by celebrating my dad's birthday and father's day all in one.  He wanted Olive Garden for lunch, so we all made pigs of ourselves first thing.  We then planned to head to the pool.  This was suppose to be the pretty day of our trip.  Well, unfortunately, the weather man was wrong.  It rained from the time we got back to my sister's house until around 4.  We decided to just play games instead.  Uno spin is a favorite in my family.  Mainly because Drew is such a rules man that there have been a few incidences over the years with him and my mother and accusations of cheating.  So, everyone likes to see Drew get all fired up over a game.  My family tends to enjoy giving others a hard time, and poking fun.  So, as we are sitting around playing the game, Drew is sitting adjacent to me.  He does this really annoying thing where he kicks his feet or rubs them together, and it is very rhythmic.  I know my whole family thought I was crazy because out of nowhere I just looked at him and was like "it is you!"  Anna Claire does this thing daily, sometimes multiple times daily, where she just rhythmically kicks her feet.  It all of the sudden occurred to me where it comes from, her daddy!  I have been blaming it on hiccups all of this time, but I was never convinced.  Amelia had terrible hiccups and I don't remember them feeling like this.  So, time will only tell, but as of right now, I am convinced that Amelia is all me, and Anna Claire will be all Drew! 

This is just a side, and wasn't intended to be part of the blog, but I just remembered it and felt that I need to share this.  But, that night as we were sitting around relaxing, I am feeling rather warm.  This isn't too unusual for me, so I just played it off to pregnancy hormones.  Well, then my sister realized it was warm to her too.  She yelled at her husband what was the thermostat set at cause it felt warm.  He hadn't adjusted it, but went and checked it anyway, and the harsh realization hit that the air conditioner was not working!  This is not what you want to hear when you are 32 weeks pregnant in July!  Mike immediately started calling air conditioner repair companies.  It is around 8 pm on Saturday night.  God was definitely looking out for us because Mike called Ellendale heating and air, and they came that night at 10:30 and fixed the air conditioning.  They also only charged the regular weekday rate!  I will recommend this company to anyone in the Memphis area.  They were truly good to us!  I felt great that night, and Sharon said she actually got cold at one point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment