Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mini-Vacation

Drew had to travel to Georgia for the beginning of last week, so Amelia and I decided to take a little mini vacation to Memphis to visit family, friends, and take in some city life.  Drew came to meet us the day after we got there.  I will probably split up the trip over the next few days.

We left on Wednesday.  I had to see Dr. Beckham that morning for a regular visit.  I did really good.  Only gained 1 # in the past 3 weeks, so he was happy with that.   By the time I was able to get Amelia from daycare it was lunch time.  I couldn't stand the thought of feeding her fast food just because we were on the road.  So, we stopped at Connie's kitchen in Leland for some yummy homemade goodness.  It was our first time to eat there, but I have heard nothing but good things about it and have been wanting to eat there forever.  It was funny having a little lunch date with my sweet baby girl too.  The most exciting thing though was the refigerator of already made casserole dishes.  Mommy now knows how she is going to survive having another baby in a few weeks! 

Once we made it to Memphis, we stopped at the Potterybarn outlet.  I was hoping to find some toddler bedding for baby girl, but no such luck.  But, Amelia did really enjoy her shopping experience.  She loves to shop!!!  We then headed to Aunt Sharon's house.  She really didn't know what to think at first.  Their dog Chloe was very hyper at first, and I think she made Amelia nervous, but it wasn't long before those roles reversed.  Amelia had so much fun playing with her cousins!  She loves them so much! 

That night was the last night of VBS at my sister's church.  So, we all went, and we had a lot of fun.  Amelia was feeling a little overwhelmed by all the new faces, so she was a little upset about going to her class, but she had a lot of fun.  I went to church there when I lived in Memphis, but it has been 5 years since I lived in Memphis.  Well, the preacher there loves to embarrass people.  At the end of VBS, the children were singing, having a good time, and they decided to sing the Booster song.  If you have been to VBS you should know this song.  Well, at this church they like to have a "volunteer" perform as the rooster.  The "volunteer" is chosen by the preacher.  Well, I felt pretty safe, I mean, I am a visitor, 32 weeks pregnant, and have my baby girl sitting in my lap.  Well, the preacher didn't seem to consider any of that, and called my name.  I tried all I could to get out of it, but I decided that I could do it, and I really don't think they would have let me off the hook anyway.  So, I played the angry rooster.  It was so embarrassing!!!!  My brother in law video taped it, and sent it to my husband who proceded to show the video to everyone at the airport with him (he was having a rough night himself)  Let me just say, everyone was greatly entertained at my expense that night, and the running joke was that a miracle occurred that night because no one had ever seen a pregnant rooster before.  I think the only one not impressed was baby girl.  I got back to my seat, and she had been crying the entire time I had left her.  Made me feel bad, but I promise you, I would have much preferred to be sitting with her laughing at some one else!

No comments:

Post a Comment