Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Getting ready!

I am having a lot more difficulty finding the energy and motivation to start getting everything ready for baby girl #2.  I have decided that this week it has to get done.  I only have 6 more weeks until my due date.  Which does kind of sound like a lot of time, but maybe this one might decide to come a little early. 

I had a doctor appointment today pretty early, and since I had to take Amelia to daycare, I decided I would leave her there all day and get some stuff accomplished.  First, MD appointment went well.  I did gain 3 #s in 2 weeks, so he told me I needed to slow this train down.  So, I took his advice and ate my 100 calorie chocolate graham cracker cookies on the way to the grocery where I then bought a bag of dove dark chocolate with almond squares as a little happy.  They are yummy!  We'll see how it goes in another 2 weeks!  Can't wait to not have to hear about my body size everyday of my life anymore! 

I spent the rest of my day getting ready for baby girl.  I am making roman shades for her room.  There are 5 windows in there.  That is a lot of shades, but they will cost me about a fifth of the price to make as they would be to buy.  So, it is worth it.  I am about 40-50% finished.  I hope to have done by Saturday, and hung, so as soon as that happens I will post photos of the room.  

The last accomplishment for me was that I started the first of my freezing of meals for post baby tonight.  I did that with Amelia and it was wonderful.  She was about 6 weeks old before we were out of premade meals.  We did eat out some and we were out of town for about a week of that time, but we were beyond able to start cooking by the time we ran out.  I hope to have a freezer full in a few more weeks.

I still have a lot to do, but just getting started helps me to feel more motivated to actually get finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment