Monday, July 16, 2012

Mini vacation, Day 2

The second day of our vacation started with a trip to the sprinkler park in Collierville.  It was overcast that day, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but we had a fabulous time!  It was my first trip to the sprinkler park,  my sister had been once, but had forgotten what all it had to offer.  There are all kinds of fun things at the sprinkler park.  Plus it is free!!!  What can be better than that.  We started at the sprinkler part of the park.  Amelia really didn't know what to think of the sprinklers. 

This was pre-sprinkler run.  We were excited to get in there, just hoping to not freeze our tails off!

She's trying to hide her hair from the water.  It really didn't work!

The frog was the first one we ran through.  It almost seemed like more of a mist than a pour, so we thought it would be a little easier.  Amelia liked it, but I don't think she would have done it by herself.
Amelia had so much fun with her cousins.  You could tell she really thought she was a big girl.  But, how cute is the sprinkler park with all of its different kinds of sprinklers!
We did get a smile out of her after running through the water.  I actually think this was after we returned from the pond. 

Amelia soon got over the sprinkler park, and a large group of kids came to play, which made me nervous.  So, we went to the little pond beside the park.  There were ducks swimming around, a little walking trail with people walking their dogs.  Amelia loved it!  Oh how I wish we could live somewhere like this!  The only problem is she wants to be in the pond with the ducks.  I sometimes (often times) wish she had a little bit of a fear of the water. 

Once everyone had had enough of running through the water we made our way over to the adjacent playground.  Amelia was in heaven.  As soon as I let her go, she took off.  Plus, our friends Misty and Keylee joined us to play.  It was Keylees first time to go to the playground. 
Amelia loves the slide.  I don't know why I get so nervous.  She is a pro now and doesn't need mommy to hold her hand down.

She had a lot of fun racing her cousins!
Amelia especially loved showing Keylee how to go down a slide.  Keylee really loved going down the slide too!

These swings cracked me up.  Amelia loved it, but it was even quite comfortable for mommy to swing for a little bit.

Amelia loves Madison and Brady!  I know she wishes she could see them more often!



No comments:

Post a Comment