Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve

Today was a fun day of hanging out with my baby girl.  I'm loving my mommy and Anna Claire time, but will love when I have both my girls together again.  We did a lot of playing, I redecorated the Christmas tree, (it looks a lot more even now), and we did a lot of giggling.  I am pretty sure I have officially found her tickle spot.  I also think her favorite color is red.  She just stares at all things red. 
Kicking around in her bed.
She was startled by the bright flashing light.
As I was writing this, it occurred to me that I should do a before and after pic, since we are here again.  This is the night before her surgery.  She was getting her pre-surgery bath.  Her belly looks a little bigger here because of how she was laying.  But, there is definitely a huge color change!
She was laying on the couch trying to rollover and eat that worm on her loopalooza. 
 
 I forgot to write about last week how she rolled over from her back to her stomach!  She is definitely going to be a little rolling pin.  Girl goes after what she wants.  Amelia was 7 months old before she rolled from back to stomach.  She is trying so hard to get on her stomach here.  She sleeps on her belly at home.  I was slightly worried since she can't sleep on her stomach here, but she has been doing fine.

Hanging out in her swing.
 
Le Bonheur truly is a wonderful place.  As much as I hate being here, the nurses are all so sweet that it makes it not so bad.  The food isn't very fabulous, but it is ok.  I had my 3rd dinner of grilled chicken sandwich tonight.  Glad our meal was so yummy the night before coming here.  Plus, we have leftovers waiting on us in the freezer!
 
I got to do some more video chatting with my big girl today.  She showed me all she's been doing.  She is loving life right now.  I am glad that even though we are in a tough situation, she is still so loved and so happy!
 
I think Anna Claire is going to share my love for Christmas trees.  She could not take her eyes off of it tonight.  I eventually had to just turn it off so she would go to sleep.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Stacy, I've been praying for you guys day and night. You have such a Godly strength. I hope everything is back to normal for the Ellis family very soon.

    ReplyDelete