Monday, December 3, 2012

Happy Birthday, Amelia!

Two years ago today at 9:02 AM, my world was for ever changed and blessed with the birth of my sweet baby girl.  She has been such a joy to my life.  Today, I feel like a terrible mother.  It feels like it was just a regular day.  I had to work, she was suppose to go to daycare.  We were going to bring cupcakes for her to have a party there.  Unfortunately, she started running a fever on Saturday night and today was her first day to be below 100 all day.  So, she stayed home with daddy.  He did take her to McDonalds for a special breakfast.  She then got to visit mommy at work for a check up.  Poor girl has ear infections.  She never complains about anything.  It is hard to know what is wrong with her.  I thought we would take her to get ice cream tonight, but that didn't work out either.  She did have some friends from church come visit and bring her a present, so that was fun.  The celebrating will continue this weekend though.  She will get to celebrate just a little late.  Hopefully I will do better in the future with making her birthday day a little more special.

So, Amelia's stats.  I really have no idea exact values.  We measured her height tonight and it was 35.5 inches, and she weighed 30#s a month ago.  She is starting to slim up.  I really don't think she has changed much in a month.  She wears a 2T, she is still in diapers.  She is definitely a very active little girl.  She is starting to get shy.  Some of her favorite things, breakfast (she could eat breakfast for every meal), Elmo, Mickey Mouse, Goofy and Minnie Mouse, reading books, playing in dirt, all animals, her little sister, swinging, the moon, and princesses.  She is the smartest, funniest little girl I know.  She brings so much joy to my life.  My favorite thing is to hear her laugh, sing, talk to her babies or toys.  I just love everything about my little girl.

Happy Birthday, Amelia!  Mommy and daddy love you!

Amelia's birthday
1st birthday!
2nd birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment