Monday, October 1, 2012

Cody Ellis

There is one member of our family that I don't mention much.  Our dog Cody.  He was Drew's dog before I met him.  He has been with him for 11 years.  He is Amelia's best friend.  He is the smartest dog I have ever met.  And, even though he isn't much of a guard dog, he always made me feel safe when Drew is out of town.

Our sweet Cody died this morning.  We are all heartbroken over losing him.  I never thought I would be so sad.  But, I went to work this morning and came home.  Usually, he is there at the gate waiting on us to get home, but today he wasn't there.  I knew he wouldn't be there, but it was my natural reaction to look for him.  He will truly be missed. 




Cody with his 2 biggest fans doing what he loved the most.  He was happiest when he was retrieving.

No comments:

Post a Comment