Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Blessed

Anna Claire is in surgery right now.  We are very anxious to hear from the OR staff how everything is going.  We have been very blessed these last few days to hear from friends and family near and far.  Many people are praying for our girl right now.  Sunday, my parents came to the hospital so Drew and I could have a little break.  We went and enjoyed some food at Old Venice.  But, truthfully, we were both so mentally, physically and emotionally exhausted that it was difficult to just really relax.  After, we went to spend time with Amelia.  It was so nice to see her.  We had a lot of fun.  We played kickball and jumped on the trampoline.  We have some great photos.  I will post once we get home.  I can't upload photos here.  Monday, Drew spent the day with Amelia, and Tuesday, I spent the day with Amelia.  I think she is enjoying her one on one time. 



We have definitely gained a new found respect for people who are hospitalized for several months.  It is definitely very eye opening being on the other side.  I now know how frustrating it can be to have people come in your room at any and every hour.  I finally reached my breaking point Monday night.  After spending several hours getting AC to sleep, and having random people come in and wake her each time I finally got her to sleep, I had reached the point that if just one more person had come in, I was going to let them have it.  I know God is watching out for us.  Not a single person walked in again for several hours. 

I am having a hard time concentrating on this.  We have a lot more people sitting with us than I expected.  I will update later.

No comments:

Post a Comment