Monday, October 15, 2012

A week with the family

We are just returning from a week at my parent's house and slowly getting back into our regular routine.  My parents live in the country so I don't get cell phone or internet service.  This means that I have a lot of catching up to do!

We left last Sunday.  Drew had an early flight to Phoenix on Monday.  Mommy didn't like the idea of spending a week with a 22 month old and 1 month old by myself, so we went to grandmomma and granddaddy's house.  We had a lot of fun! 

Monday, we met some friends at the zoo.  It was slightly chilly outside which I think is the best time to go to the zoo.  The animals were so active.  Amelia was so excited to see them so close! 

Anna Claire's first trip to the zoo.

Amelia and Meyers checking out the elephants.

Tuesday, we met my sister and her kids at the mall for a little shopping and to ride the carousel.  Amelia didn't know what to think about that.  She had a huge smile on her face the entire time!  It is so much fun to see her experiencing new things!  We went back to my sister's house so the girls could take a nap and I could make a trip to target.  Well, my trip to Target turned a little dramatic when I went to the car and it wouldn't start.  So, we had to make a quick trip to go get a new battery.  Thank God I was at my sister's house with my family when that happened and not at the zoo by myself with the 2 girls. 


Anna Claire at the carousal.

Wednesday we had a low key day.  We went to my parent's church to play on their playground and have lunch with my mom.  It was nice to have a relaxing day in the mix of it all.

Thursday, my sister and her family came over that afternoon.  We played outside and had a bonfire and roasted hot dogs.  We were going to have a hayride, but it started to rain, so we had to cut it short.  We still enjoyed our time with our family.  That evening daddy finally came back home.  We were so excited!!!!

Friday, we made the trip back home to Greenville.  Along the way, we stopped off in Hernando, MS at the Cedar Hill Farms.  So much fun for little kids.  I love the fall and all that comes with it.
We went straight for the pony ride.  Amelia had this face pretty much the entire time, emotionless.  But, she said she liked it, and it was her favorite.

Riding the train with daddy. 

On the hayride to go get a pumpkin.

We let her pick whichever pumpkin she wanted.  She chose probably the ugliest one out there.  It looked all warty like.  Anna Claire had a matching outfit.  I will get a picture of them together soon.  She pretty much stayed in the baby bjorn the entire time.

Our last adventure was just for mommy and daddy.  Grandmomma and Granddaddy came to Greenville yesterday to watch the girls so that mommy and daddy could go to the UT football game in Starkville.  We had that planned long before we knew we would be traveling up there.  We had planned to take Amelia, but with an 8 o'clock game time, we decided that was not a good idea.  Plus it was good for mommy and daddy to have some adult time.  It was an exhausting week and weekend.  Hopefully mommy can catch back up on rest during her last week of maternity leave. 

Some random photos from this week.

This is how I found the room in Sharon's house that Amelia was "napping" in.  This happened in the matter of just about 10 minutes.

It's hard to see in this photo, but she was taking her diapers and swaddling her little teddy bears and putting them to sleep.  It was so cute!
Amelia slept in a big bed by herself for the first time.  She did so good!  I think she is ready, but we'll keep the toddler bed for a little longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment