Saturday, September 29, 2012

Frog Fest!

Leland, MS, which is basically Greenville, MS, is the birthplace of Jim Henson's the muppets.  Last year was the beginning of the annual kermit the frog fest in Leland.  We missed it for some reason, but made sure to make it this year.  Amelia had a lot of fun with the arts and crafts.  We missed the story time, but we made the end of the puppet show.  She was not a fan!  Little girl can be shy at times!



One of her favorite things was the balloon she got.

Don't know if you can see the death grip she has on momma!  She was really frightened of the puppets!

She was watching the ducks eat.  She loves animals.  This was her other favorite thing of the morning.

 
Anna Claire slept through the entire event.  Unfortunately we traded the mosquitos for gnats, and they were everywhere.  Had to keep her fanned to keep the gnats off.

It was a fun family event.  Maybe next year we will make story time and the entire puppet show!

I just have to add this real quick because this is my way of remembering my children's childhood.  But, Amelia is suppose to be napping right now.  Well, of course she isn't.  I went to her room to try to get her to lay down and take a nap.  Well, she is walking around with her shoes on.  I took them off before her laying down to take a nap.  She put her shoes on herself.  I really think my child can do a lot more for herself than she wants me to know.  She has never been able to put her shoes on herself for me.  She even had them on the correct feet.   She's a sneaky little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment