Friday, October 19, 2012

Hoping and praying

My sweet baby girl turned 6 weeks old on Wednesday.  She went to her pediatrician on Wednesday for her 2 month shots so she could start daycare next week and I could go back to work.  The doctor said she looked a little jaundiced to him. I had thought her eyes did look slightly yellow but she was just not a bright yellow as with typical jaundice.  But, we did know that she had had a cyst near her liver when I was pregnant. We did an ultrasound on her when she was born, but it was ordered for the ovaries only.  The ultrasound was normal, she seemed to be a very healthy normal baby, so after speaking with her pediatrician and knowing that most cysts are nothing to worry about we decided to let it go.  I did request that he review the previous ultrasound, which he did request. Well, since she was looking jaundiced to him, I requested that we repeat the ultrasound on wednesday, so we did. It turned out that the cyst is still there about 4 cm, and he sent us directly to lebonheur at that time. We rushed home to get a few things, picked up Amelia at daycare and headed to Memphis.  My sweet sister didn't even ask, she just said she was taking Amelia. They met us at the er to get her. We spent a few hours in the er before being admitted. After a whirlwind of tests and meeting with doctors we have found out that Anna Claire most likely has what is called a choledochal cyst. It is blocking her common bile duct not allowing her liver to drain bile.  She will have surgery on Wednesday to correct this and determine exactly what is going on with her.  It has been a roller coaster of emotions for us. A lot of tears and fear.  My angel has been so strong through all of this.  We have been blessed with amazing family and friends who have offered all kinds of support. We are surrounded by a wonderful hospital staff. I have gone through all the questions of why my baby, but why should it be anybody's baby.  It is a very rare condition.  Hopefully after surgery this will all be over and we will get back to our happy family of 4. I am missing my big girl like crazy.  I know she is beyond thrilled to be with my sister.  She loves her cousins and I know is having all kinds of fun, and I know my sister is spoiling her rotten.  I just ask that anyone reading this would please pray for my sweet girl.  She is a little fighter and I know she will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment