Monday, August 20, 2012

Tough choices

We don't really have a tough choice make, but tonight we were talking about how we only have 18 more days until the official due date.  She can truly come any day now.  I was starting to wonder if tonight was going to be the night when we went for a walk.  I would get over 1 braxton hicks just to start another.  Doesn't really feel so good!  But, anyway, Drew is worried that he will be out of town when I go into labor.  He really isn't going to be gone much the next 2 weeks, but that would be our luck.  So, tonight he says to me, I'm not really worried about missing the birth, but do you want to know what I am worried about.  Of course I wanted to know.  Well, he says, I am worried something will go wrong and someone will have to make the decision to save you or the baby!  Not a worry of mine, I have full faith in my doctor.  But, really!!!  The truth is I don't know who he would save.  I really think it would be the baby.  This made me think, what is the right thing.  I don't know.  Would I give my life for my child, of course.  Truthfully, I don't think it will be a decision we will have to make.  But, I don't know what I would want to happen if that was an issue.  But, I have told him that if anything happens to me, he is to spoil my girls!  To my friends that read this, you each have a responsibility to make sure that happens!

Luckily, my night ended by putting my sweet baby girl to bed.  She was so sweet.  She was in her bath and looks at me and says I need a hug.  I got 3 really wet hugs.  What can I say, my little girl really loves to hug!  We then read philly joe giraffe plays the drums, said our prayers and she went night, night.  Loving every minute I get with my sweet girl before baby sister comes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment