Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Adventures in pregnancy land

I had intentions of writing this last night, but became occupied with other things.  I have been very fortunate this pregnancy to have had only 1 calf cramp until Tuesday morning.  Poor Drew, he hasn't been sleeping good lately, I don't know how high my sympathy truly is because it's been months for me, but I do feel bad for him.  So, this week he has been sleeping on the couch which has helped.  Well, yesterday morning he came to bed around 4 and it was nice and peaceful until I decided to get at 5:30 to get ready for work.  It was instant pain.  The right calf just went into instant spasm and all I could do was scream.  Scared him to death, but he has learned from last pregnancy that that is a cramp and not a we are having a baby scream.  I didn't really scream when I was in labor with Amelia.  But, anyway, when I decided to try to stand up to work it out, the left leg went into instant cramp.  So, I am laying there with both legs in the air screaming.  Worst pain I have ever experienced.  I mean with labor I at least had an epidural.  I fell backwards on Drew.  I somehow manage to always ruin his attempts at getting good sleep!  Now we are to Wednesday morning, and it still feels like I ran a half marathon.

P.S. I am not low on electrolytes, took my multivitamin that night, walked around the neighborhood, and drink plenty of water, so it is just a pregnancy thing that sometimes you have to endure!

No comments:

Post a Comment