Friday, August 17, 2012

Flashback Friday

For this flashback Friday, I am going to go back to a trip that we took at the end of the summer last year.  Drew had to travel to Knoxville for work, so Amelia and I tagged along so we could spend some  time with friends.  We first stopped to visit with some friends who live in McMinnville, TN.  They have a really nice lake house and pontoon boat, so we spent a little time relaxing with the kids at the lake.  It was a lot of fun.

We were trying to get her to take a nap on the pontoon boat.  She looks so young here!

She loved riding in the boat!

She is definitely a water baby.

Hanging out with friends!

We spent a few nights with them then headed to Knoxville.  We had planned on going to Neyland stadium for photos when we got in town, but it was rainy, so we had to put it off for a day.  We met our friends for dinner, so instead before dinner we went down to Volunteer landing to feed the ducks.


She loved to see the ducks, and they loved getting fed. 

We walked down the riverwalk a little way and got some good pictures.

We then met our friends at Parkside Grill, it was so yummy!  I find myself missing Knoxville a lot.  We miss our friends and all the city had to offer.  It is such a family friendly town!

The next day, we finally made it to Neyland stadium for some photos. 
She loved being on the field!
Little girl doesn't even know how lucky she is to be there.  Not too many people get to get on the field at Neyland stadium!

I had planned to take her to Lakeshore for a walk around the park afterward.  It was one of my favorite places to go when I lived in Knoxville.  Unfortunately, mommy wasn't feeling too good that day, so we spent the day in the hotel.  It seems that mommy doesn't have very good luck going with daddy on work trips.  Thank God though that it only hit me and daddy.  We had said a lot of prayers for baby girl, and she made it through it.  She was a perfect angel too.  The next day when I was better, we went to Target and got her a few treats for being such a good girl. 

It was a good trip.  We didn't get to do everything that we wanted, but we did get to do a lot of what we wanted.  I can't wait until our next trip.  I think both girls will love it.  I hope someday we will have a yearly fall trip there and to Gatlinburg.  I would love to take my girls to see the Vols play and spend some time relaxing in the mountains.  And of course a day at Dollywood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment