Saturday, August 4, 2012

On the road again!

This weekend, we took our last road trip before Anna Claire makes her arrival.  Drew had to go back to his parent's house to register his duck blind.  I really didn't want to spend the weekend at home alone.  It was a tough decision though.  Drew's truck doesn't have a full quad cab, so to get enough room for Amelia's carseat, I have to have my knees in the dashboard.  This is not very comfortable for 35 week pregnant mommy.  It was pretty miserable 2 weeks ago, so I really didn't think I could do it.  But, yesterday, daddy had mommy drive so that he could do some work.  I hate driving a big truck, but it was so worth the extra leg room!

Amelia and I went to my parent's house, which is on the way to his parent's house.  It's been a while since we have stayed there, so it was nice to spend some time with them.  We got there just in time for dinner, and left today after lunch.  So it was a quick trip, but we had a lot of fun.  My parent's have a little beagle named Jack.  Amelia loved him, and he couldn't hardly stay away from her.  She had a lot of fun playing with her grandparents, throwing the ball, and riding the four-wheeler.  Their neighbors have horses.  I wanted to take her to see them so bad, but they were never out when we went.  Mom took her to see them though.

Riding the four-wheeler with grandmomma.

We had just walked over to see the horses, but they were still in the stable.

She would throw the ball for Jack, and he would get it, but not bring it back.  Then, she wouldn't want to throw it for him.  They were both pretty partial to the ball.

We made it home and all crashed on the couch.  I wasn't too happy when she didn't take a nap on the way home, but when we all got to relax once making it home, I was pretty happy.  We ended our Saturday at the local Mexican restaurant and going to the carwash.  Amelia didn't know what to think about that.  It really kind of freaked her out, but she thought it was fun too.  Unless something crazy happens in the next 5 weeks, our next trip we will be a family of 4!  It should be interesting!  I hope Anna Claire has a lot of patience!

When we were heading home, we had to stop by the grocery for potluck stuff.  Amelia and I stayed in the truck.  This truck drove in front of us with a little pomeranian in it.  She started screaming puppy!  She now wants a puppy.  I said sorry baby, you're not getting a puppy.  I'm really not a fan of pets in the house.  She kept saying I want puppy.  I said you are getting a baby sister.  That is better than a puppy.  She said no puppy better.  It's going to be interesting in the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment