Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday playday

The last several weeks, whenever Amelia would wake up, she would jump out of her bed, run to the door, and start crying.  Today, I could hear her moving around, but she wasn't crying, so I kept drinking my coffee for a bit longer.  When I went up there to get her, she was sitting in her rocking chair just looking around.  I don't know why but it was funny to me.  We have a routine of me walking in the room, I go to the rocker and she comes and gets in my lap and we hug and rock for a few minutes.  She jumped up for me to get in as soon as I opened the door.  Love my sweet girl, and I love her big hugs!

I had plans on us going to check out the new TJ max in town today.  It was really nice outside, so I thought maybe we should go outside and play first. 

Give little girl some dirt and a stick, and she will be happy for a while.

But, throwing dirt is even better!

She found a nice rock in the flower bed.

She took that rock round and round the bushes for about 10-15 minutes.
She was exploring for other fun things.

I thought she looked sweet in this picture.  I wanted to get a cute one of her with the greenery behind her, but little girl is just not in to posing for the camera.  So, we have a bunch of candid shots!  I put this shirt on her this morning and she started twirling saying I'm pretty.  Little girl loves to be pretty! 

We stayed outside for a while.  I kept asking her if she wanted to go to the store, and she would say no.  So, we didn't make it to TJ Maxx today.  Oh well!  There will be other days.  But, we did stay until 2 police cars came flying down our road.  In this town, you just never know, so I decided we just needed to go on inside. 

We played for a little while, and looked at her books.  She loves telling me what everything is, and she knows her animals really well.  I think because they are fun and make noises.  She just doesn't understand numbers, colors, and letters.  She can say her abc's, only as the song, and count to 10, but she just doesn't understand what they mean.  Am I stressing over this, of course not, she is 1.  I think we have plenty of time for all of that, but we are working on it.  But, as we were looking through her book she saw an alligator.  I'm not sure where she learned to do the gator chomp from, I probably did do it at some point a while back.  But, she loves to do the gator chomp.  Daddy can't stand it!  He says no gator chomp allowed in this house.  When she saw the gator, over and over she said, alligator, chomp chomp, so I had to get a video of it.  The video did require some prompting, but doesn't normally.
I had to throw in the Go Vols to reinforce who are true allegiance goes to.

Lastly, as I said last night, we have been having problems again with biting.  So, I have been stressing to her only food goes in your mouth.  I would ask her, what did mommy say, and of course she would just ignore me, so I was frustrated with her.  Well, today when we were playing outside, we were sitting in my swing and she loves to play with the chains on it.  They are a little rusted, so of course I don't want her putting them in her mouth.  So, I said Amelia, do not put that in your mouth.  And she said to me, only food goes in mouth.  I was shocked.  I was like that is right only food goes in your mouth.  She was actually listening to me, just being stubborn.  Made me feel a little good.  I don't know if it will stop the biting.  Probably not because she seems pretty proud that she bites, but maybe it will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment