Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mischievious

For several months, I have been reading other friend's with children around Amelia's age writing about how their children climb on everything.  I have been so thankful because besides climbing up on the couch, Amelia has really not been a climber.  Well, apparently she was just behind.  She is now climbing on everything.  Nothing is safe anymore.  It's getting harder and harder to keep things out of her reach. 

But, her newest act of mischieviousness was one I was truly not expecting.  Yesterday, we had tuna fish for lunch.  She is a pretty messy eater, so I just stripped her down to her diaper for her nap.  Didn't want nasty tuna in her bed.   She took a really long nap for me that afternoon.  It was great.  I got so much done!  But, when I went to go get her, she is completely naked!  I'm like where is your diaper!  She had taken it off, who knows when.  There was pee everywhere!  Thank goodness that was it.  But, mommy and daddy were going to dinner that night with friends to celebrate a birthday, and there was not enough time to wash and get everything back on the bed before we needed to leave.  Luckily, I had washed stuff for Anna Claire's crib that day, so I just put that on there.

That night, she had 2 girls come to babysit her so we could go to dinner with friends.  It was so nice to have a date night.  We enjoyed the conversation, and not feeling rushed to eat and take care of a toddler!  We ended the dinner with some yummy cupcakes that Mrs. Denecia made for Hunter's bday.  She sent one home for Amelia.  Well Amelia got to eat it after dinner tonight.  She was pretty excited over it.

 
 Enjoying her cupcake.  She doesn't get a lot of desserts at our house.
She didn't like daddy trying to steal a bite.  She said, no, mine!
 
 
Today, we did a lot of driving around Mississippi.  I had ordered some appliqued shirts for Amelia and Anna Claire, so we went to Cleveland to pick them up.  We then had to go to Grenada to pick up something for Drew.  We stopped in Grenada for lunch.  They have a McAlister's.  We love McAlister's and apparently so does Amelia.
 

I was so proud of her.  She ate all of her food with her fork, didn't make a mess, and didn't use her hand one time.  She even had someone compliment her for how well she did.  Didn't happen that way at home tonight.  But, she is getting better!  She was a perfect angel all day today, even with being couped up in the car for 3 hours today.  My baby girl is growing up so fast!  She even went upstairs to play by herself.  It made me realize that in a few years, she and Anna Claire will be playing by themselves together, and made me slightly sad.  But, I do love how independent she is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment