Friday, November 2, 2012

Back to normalcy

We finally went home Tuesday evening.  We were all so very excited.  We pulled in the carport and Amelia said, "I'm home." It almost brought tears to my eyes.  She was so excited.  We didn't have a lot of time to just enjoy being home.  The home health nurses and pharmacy curior were waiting on us, so daddy got Amelia to bed while I started Anna Claire's antibiotics. 
Anna Claire ready to go home.
 
I was anxious for the morning to see the neighborhood.  We had bad storms come through the night we drove to Le Bohneur, and there was a lot of damage to the neighborhood.  Trees fell that were 100+ years old.  It is strange to see it now.  We had a large tree fall across our yard and damage some of our trees, and our front porch, but it was only minor damage thankfully.  There were several houses that actually had trees land on them. 
 
The next day was Halloween.  I sent Amelia to daycare so I could get the house in order, and have time to care for Anna Claire.  Plus they were having a halloween party, so she couldn't miss that.
Anna Claire in her Halloween outfit. She can only last a few minutes in the bumbo, but she is doing pretty good in it!

Amelia dressed in her Halloween shirt she got from Le Bohneur at their Halloween party.  She was the hit at daycare, the pumpkin lit up.

Elmo getting ready for her first trick or treating.

Walk up to her first house.  She was a little slower than everyone else getting to the door.

Our pre-trick or treat photo.  It was rare to actually see Elmo up on her head.

Excited to be trick or treating.


Anna Claire hanging out in the bjorn.

Riding the hayride around the neighborhood.  There were 2 hayrides, the other one was packed!  Daddy was sitting beside her.

We had so much fun trick or treating.


It finally feels like our life is getting back to normal.  Amelia stayed home today.  We played and just hung out at the house.  The girls took good afternoon naps, so I took advantage and napped myself.  It was wonderful.  This afternoon, Drew and I voted then we went out to dinner.  There was very little fussiness at the house the evening.  It was a great day!  As I am writing this post, Amelia keeps opening the door to her room and coming down the stairs.  It worries me that she is going to come down the stairs at night in the dark and get hurt.  I think I actually got the door shut where she can't open it this time though.  I just heard her knocking on the door to get out.  We are going to have to get a door knob cover so she can't turn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment