Sunday, November 25, 2012

A week of Thanksgiving

We traveled for the holiday, so I will once again be playing catch up.  The thing I really hate about catch is that I really can't remember the little funny things that happen that I really want to write about.  But, last week was a very busy but fun week.  We left very early Wednesday morning, so Tuesday night was spent getting everything ready.  Daddy had a meeting at the Agricenter early Wednesday morning.  So, the girls and I strolled around the lake at Shelby Farms until he came back to meet us.  I love Shelby Farms.  It is one of the things I miss most about Memphis.  I would take the girls there all of the time if I could.  It was a beautiful day that day.  My smart girl has only been there once, but she didn't forget the ducks.  She wanted to see them as soon as we pulled in the park. 

We spent the first few nights at my parents house.  I tried to get our family photo for our Christmas card while we there, but they just didn't turn out.  My parents live out in the country, and their neighbors have horses and a really pretty stable.   We just didn't get close enough.  My sister and her family came for dinner Thursday night.  There is nothing better than Thanksgiving dinner.  We all enjoyed our time with the family.  Amelia had a blast with her cousins.  I so wish we lived closer for them to see each other more often.  That night, Amelia had a difficult time sleeping, kept waking up crying, so I went and got in bed with her.  She was so sweet.  Wanted to cuddle up with mommy.  She really wasn't a crazy sleeper.  She did jump pretty good once.  I think she has bad dreams a lot.

Friday, we headed to Drew's family.  We first stopped by my grandparents house.  It had been over a year since I have seen them.  I know that is pitiful.  My mom's whole family was coming, so since my grandparents live close to Drew's family, I went back that afternoon and spent some more time.   Amelia and Anna Claire got a lot of good quality time in with mimi and pop.  We also were able to spend some time with Drew's grandmother who came to visit us.  We then made the long trek back home.  It was probably the worst car ride yet.  We got to experience changing an explosive diaper on the interstate.  A state trooper stopped to see if we were ok.  I'm sure he wished he had just kept driving when he came to the window.  He didn't stick around for very long.  Even though it took longer to get home than we expected.  It was so wonderful to be home!  There is nothing better than sleeping in your own bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment