Thursday, September 6, 2012

Our birth story

I am typing on the iPad so bear with me on this one. But, we have officially welcomed Anna claire to the family! We decided to induce on Wednesday. It's just easier when you don't live near family and you have a 1 year old to have a plan. Luckily my family came the night before because I went into labor in the middle of the night. I was praying to make through the night. I had been having sporadic contractions all afternoon. But, I really wanted to take a shower, put on makeup and eat breakfast before going to the hospital. Instead, we ended up going from contractions every ten minutes straight to every 3 minutes. I was not going to be one of those ladies that deliver at home, so we went on in. I was 4 cm when we got there. My doctor came around 8 to break my water and give me my epidural.  Anna Claire arrived at 12:45 at a whopping 9lbs 6oz. But, she is perfect.  Glad she wasn't late or no telling how big she would be!

Amelia loves her baby sister. She doesn't really want to touch her, but she does like to "hold" her. It is so sweet!

The only problem we have encountered is that her blood sugar was low at birth. This didn't bother me cause Amelia's was low and she was fine. But, her sugar dropped slightly after it had started going up causing the doctor to run extra tests. They found that she has an infection, and will have to receive 5 days of antibioics. This means she won't go home until Sunday. I will get to stay until tomorrow. I feel heartbroken and blessed at the same time. I had Drew take the car seat home tonight cause I didn't want to leave with an empty car seat. But, little girl is as healthy as she can be, which makes me feel so blessed. Even though she may have an infection a few extra days of antibiotics are all we face. I so look forward to having both my girls home together. But, I know some people leave the hospital with an empty carseat never to return, or to return months later to bring baby home. So we are blessed. I miss my big girl like crazy though. She just gets funnier every day and I hate every minute that I miss of her.

Because of the infection, Anna Claire spent most of her birthday in the nursery, so we didn't get to get a picture with her.  It was 9:15 pm before they brought her back to us and Amelia was already at home in bed.

Daddy loving on his baby girl.

Anna Claire.  I need to post some side by sides of her and Amelia.  It is amazing how similar they are, but I do see some differences.

Mommy getting some snuggle time.

Grandmomma holding her for the first time.

Amelia "holding" her baby sister.

Our first family shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment