Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tough girl!

I've been sending Amelia to daycare on the normal days that she would be going if I were working right now.  It gives me some one on one time with Anna Claire, and I get to sometimes take a nap too.  Today, she went to daycare and Anna Claire and I went to work.  My patients keep needing things whether I am on maternity leave or not, so I go to work for a few hours a week to get things done.  Well, my pitiful cellphone provider does not get me good service at work.  I look at my phone and have a voicemail, no missed call.  It is the daycare.  My sweet girl had once again found a fire ant mound.  They were pretty panicked.  I went picked her up as soon as I spoke with them.  Poor girl!  We get there and she is just so happy to see me, which will always melt my heart.  But, you wouldn't even know she had been hurt.  They said she never even cried.  They just saw her wiping off frantically and saying bite.  They got to her and it was ants.  She probably got bitten about a hundred times.  Her leg and hand look horrible.  She didn't complain at all!  They said that when they told her it was ants, she laughed.  They had already washed her legs, given benadryl, and applied ice, so I just gave her ibuprofen and hydrocortisone cream.  I then let her watch a movie, and without even thinking I turned on A Bug's Life.  It was about 15 minutes into the movie before I realized the irony.  My little girl is so tough!  Fire ants are so scary to me!

I let her be a little spoiled today and let her keep her paci as long as she wanted it.  Normally she just gets it at bed time.

The back got it the worst.


More poor girl, it just makes me hurt to look at her leg.  It is looking better now.  These pictures are about 7 hours after the stings happened.  Her leg was really red and swollen.

No comments:

Post a Comment