Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Welcome to our world!

 Let me start with, I am not a writer!!!!  I am doing this because, my sweet baby girl is 18 months old, and as much as I think I will be able to remember everything about her childhood, the reality is I can barely remember yesterday!  And, once baby sister comes in September, there will truly be no more hope for me.  I love being able to keep up with my friends and their family through blogger also.  So, I thought, why not give it a shot.

Well, to introduce you to our family, I'm the mommy, Stacy.  I work part time as a nurse practitioner.  I love being able to have both a career and lots of time with my little girl!  I think my job keeps what little sanity I have.  I was born and raised in Memphis, TN.  Moved to Knoxville to get my master's degree in nursing, and to be closer to the love of my life.  He was already there working on his Phd.  We currently live in Greenville, MS.  It has definitely been a new experience for me, but I feel very blessed to be in a town where life is a little slower and less complicated.  But, I do look forward to living in big city again! 

My husband, Drew, is daddy.  He works as a weed scientist for a large chemical company.  He works very hard and is out of town a lot.  We miss him when he's gone, but are very blessed by all the benefits his job gives us.  He is from a small town in Tennessee called New Johnsonville.  He loves small town life.  We both would love to be back in Tennessee, but are making the most out of life here now.  We are huge Tennessee Vol fans, and plan on both of our girls being fans too, no matter what state we live in!

Baby girl's name is Amelia.  She has been the joy of my life!  I say every step of her life that I love the stage that she is at right now.  Truthfully, I does just keep getting better and better!  She is no perfect child, but she is pretty close.  Unfortunately, she seems to have gotten her mommies temper, but she is very easily corrected.  Her favorite things right now are, swimming in her pool, elmo (melmo to her), her pabi (paci), eating (little girl isn't very picky), our dog Cody, and animals.  She loves all animals and telling us the sounds they make. 

Our newest addition will be here in September!  Her name is going to be Anna Claire.  She seems to be more active than Amelia was, but that varies day to day.  I was worried that we would be in trouble when she gets here, but I think we will be just fine.  We are all looking forward to her arrival, but I know that Amelia will love having a little sister.  She loves other kids.  She doesn't seem to be too fond of newborns, but I keep talking to her about baby sister, and she seems to be getting excited.  She likes to point to my belly and say baby and sissy.  I think they will be good friends! 

 This is a picture of Drew and me on a mini vacation to San Antonio.  This was on our cruise around the river walk.  We try to do a weekend trip every year for our anniversary instead of giving presents.  This was our trip last year.  We are skipping this year since baby girl will be coming.  But, we will make it up next year with a week trip!

This is our family on Christmas Day. 


This is baby girl at the zoo. 



Next blog will be a lot less background info.  But, you have to start somewhere, right!  Just wanted to give a quick introduction to our family.  


2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to keep up with you guys. I love baby girl #2's name. Our Caroline almost had that name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny because before your Caroline, that was a name we had talked about for #2.

    ReplyDelete