Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ray of sunshine

This morning, I was grumpily getting out of bed to get ready for my day.  That is pretty much the norm for me, never quite ready to face another day.  And then, I started thinking, in just another hour my sweet baby girl will be waking up, and when she does she will be laughing and talking, and just as happy as she could be.  She is always happiest first thing in the morning, as if she is just happy to see the sunshine again.  It made me think why can't I be like that. 

When she woke up this morning, she was singing and bouncing around.  I love listening to her sweet voice over the monitor.  When I get to her room to get her, she will stand up, hold on to the railing and start jumping as if she were on a trampoline, she doesn't want to get out of bed most of the time because she is having so much fun!  But, when she does come to me, I always get the biggest hug and pats on my back.  She gives the best hugs, and I love that she pats me on the back. 
This is what I get to see every morning when I go to get baby girl.  Just knowing that I get to wake up to this little ray of sunshine should make getting out of bed a lot more exciting.  What a blessing to wake up to every day!  I am going to challenge myself to learn from my little girl, and instead of being so grumpy, be excited to see the sunshine everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment