Monday, March 4, 2013

Starting a new journey

Dr. Seuss had a birthday yesterday, so in celebration of him, the daycare is dedicating each day to him.  I love Dr. Seuss, but boy was it hard for me to dress Amelia for mismatch day.  I was thinking, how can I make her look cute unmatched.  And, then I remembered, that is not the point.

I tried to make her hair look like a Whoo.  It didn't make it to the end of the day, but it looked really cute.

Today was Anna Claire's first day of daycare.  She didn't participate in Dr. Suess, but she doesn't know that.  She seemed to do really well.  She cried a little, but I don't expect her to never cry.  She enjoyed playing with the other baby.  There are only 3 in there right now including her.  1 of the babies is a newborn, so not really playing so much yet. 

We started the day with Amelia reading a story to her little sister.  They are so competitive with each other already.  We are in trouble!  You can't tell in the picture but Anna Claire is trying to take the book, and Amelia is trying to prevent her from doing that.


As a tribute to Dr. Seuss,
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment