Thursday, March 28, 2013

Old videos

I have been trying for so long to upload some videos from my phone.  Well, last night, I finally was able to attach my phone to my computer and they finally transferred over.  I tried this before and it didn't work, so I was supper excited!
When Anna Claire was in the hospital over Christmas, my parents came and sat with her one morning so Drew and I could have some time with Amelia.  We rode the carousel many times, and she actually did the spider bounce.  I was so proud of her!
We were headed back to the hospital and she started singing twinkle, twinkle little star.  So cute!
 
Today, I had a very interesting encounter.  I met a friend of mine at Subway for lunch.  I looked at the line when I went in and the doctor that treated Anna Claire in the hospital when she was first born was there.  I wanted to vomit.  I know it's been a while for most of you, but he is the one that treated her initially for an infection, and would not even consider the fact that the cyst at her liver could be the cause of the abnormal lab values.  I assumed he would not remember me, so I just acting like normal.  Well, as I went to get my drink he was sitting right beside the fountain, and he said, hey there.  I said, hey.  He said, do you remember me?  I said, yes I do.  He asked how Anna Claire was doing.  I was so torn on what to say.  But, I just responded that she is doing really well.  And, then I decided, I needed to let him know.  So, I said, she was diagnosed with biliary atresia.  He said, oh no.  How did they find out, so I told him her bilirubin was still high and we did ultrasound, and the cyst was on her liver, but it was actually on bile duct, but whatever.  He said, well, we did an ultrasound, and I said, yes, but only of her ovaries.  I then told him she had her surgery, cleared her jaundice, and has had only 1 episode of cholangitis, but is now doing very well.  It was a tough time there for a while, but doing much better now.  I am glad that he knows, and I am glad that I handled it better than I would have 4 months ago.  But, I just hope he realizes what he did and in the future, will listen when a mother is telling him something and not just treat every baby the exact same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment