Friday, October 4, 2013

Visiting old friends

 
Drew had to travel to Greenville for work.  The girls and I decided to tag along so we could visit some of our friends.  Plus the puppies are 4 weeks old, and we need to decide which one is Lucy. 
 
Meet Lucy!  She is the biggest of the litter, but oh so cute!  We can't wait to bring her home!
 
We arrived on Thursday.  We stayed with our friends Robert and Kari.  They offered to have their kids keep the girls so we could go to dinner.  It was so much fun to have adult time.  I did feel bad for Mary Katherine though.  Anna Claire cried the entire time we were gone!  She's been better about staying calm when she is not around us, so I was really hopefully that it would go better.  We had a really good time though catching up with our friends.
 
Friday, Drew had to go work, so the girls and I kept ourselves entertained.  I took them to McDonalds for breakfast.  As a side note, AC and I had the egg white mcmuffin and it was very yummy, but there was a good bit of butter on it.  I let them play on the playground for a little bit.  It was a first for AC and a second for Amelia. 


AC really preferred walking up the slide to going down.

Checking out the playground
 
After breakfast, we drove past the old house.  Amelia was so excited to be in the old neighborhood.  It is crazy, but it still feels like home to me.  It does for her too.  It felt more natural driving around Greenville than it does driving around Memphis.  But, I know that that will change eventually!  I then took the girls by their old daycare to see their friends.  Of course AC would have been happy to miss that stop, but Amelia was so happy to be back at her "school."  I saved her class for last.  They were outside playing.  There was a little boy that she had been with since she started daycare at 6 weeks old.  His name is Aiden, and they were always inseparable.  She loved Aiden.  It was so cute when they first saw each other.  They didn't know what to do so they just looked at each other.  I eventually just decided we were going to leave, and next thing I know they had walked off together and sat down on this wood barrier.  They were having an actual conversation like old friends.  It was the cutest thing ever.  What is even cuter is that she is a good 5 inches taller than him and 4 months younger! 

We ended our Greenville trip at my favorite lunch restaurant, Stamsons, with my friends from work.  It was great to see everyone.  I didn't get to see everyone that I would have liked, but we will be back in 2 weeks to get Lucy, and hopefully we will get to see everyone else then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment