Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mimi and Pops visit

Drew's parents came for a visit on Wednesday.  Anna Claire hasn't seen them since Thanksgiving/Amelia's bday.  She is still a little uncomfortable around people she doesn't know, so the first night was rough, but she did fine after that.  We had already planned on seeing if they would watch the girls Thursday night for us to have a "date" night, but I wasn't sure after the way she acted the first night.  But, luckily she warmed up to them, so we got to go on a date.  We just went to dinner and were home by 7:30, but it was nice to eat and not have to wrestle with 2 kids at the same time!  Friday, all the girls went to Cleveland for a little shopping.  I wanted to get Anna Claire an Easter basket and Amelia a little happy for doing so good with potty training.  I was a little nervous because none of the shops there have public bathrooms, and it is an hour drive to get there.  I just knew Amelia would pee her panties, but she didn't.  We went to a store called punkin patch to let her pick out a treat.  The one thing she picks out is a chore chart.  I just couldn't buy it for her.  I told her baby that is hardly a treat, but that is all that she saw that she wanted, so I decided we would just have to keep shopping.  We then went and got Anna Claire a basket.  That will be my next task to accomplish.  We then finished up with lunch.  It was a nice little trip.  Just a little difficult with a 5 month old and a potty training 2 year old.  We got back home and I decided to make cookies instead for Amelia's treat.  She was happy with that.  She has so many toys that I don't think it would have meant that much to her anyway.  That afternoon, I took Anna Claire to the daycare to meet her "teacher."  She will start daycare after this week.  I am going to be so sad to lose Ms. Helen, but I think it will be good for Anna Claire.  She love other babies so much, and I know she gets bored at home.  She did so good at the daycare.  She loved her teacher, and loved looking at the other babies.  It made me feel so much better.  I was so scared she would scream the entire time.  I really think that she is ready!  It will be nice having the girls at the same place.  Saturday, we just relaxed, and it was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment