Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Like Father/ Like Daughter

Amelia, bless her heart, is very clumsy, and very accident prone.  She gets this trait from her daddy.  He had to walk around with a helmet on his head when he was a child due to his clumsiness.  She seems to be headed in the same direction.  I already wrote about her teeth going through her tongue on Valentine's day after she tripped at school.  Well, Friday night, we were playing and hanging out.  Anna Claire loves to bounce, so I was letting her bounce in my lap because as you know, night time with a baby can be a little difficult.  Well, Amelia wanted to jump too, so I let her jump on the couch against my better judgement.  I knew it was a bad idea, but I said, just be careful.  As if a 2 year old can just be careful.  Next thing I know she is on the floor on her head.  I made mistake #1 and just snatched her up, which of course is a natural reaction, but was not the smartest thing.  She was fine, just said she hurt her head, a few hugs and kisses made it all better.  Well, Saturday night, we were headed upstairs for bath time.  Drew, Anna Claire and I were already up there, Amelia was trailing behind.  I saw her reach the top of the stairs and then saw her go backwards.  All I could do was scream she's going down and run.  Drew pushed me out of the way, by the time he got there she was at the bottom.  Scared me to death!  And her too, but she was fine, landed on her head again!  She has been up and down the stairs for over a year now without a problem.  I guess we had all gotten a little careless.  Thank goodness she was ok, but anymore of these accidents, and she just might be sporting a helmet on her head!

No comments:

Post a Comment