Thursday, July 25, 2013

our pink princess

This past week has been crazy busy.  We traveled to McMinnville, TN to spend a few days with some friends floating on a lake.  I will do a separate post about that maybe tomorrow.  I need to upload some photos and videos before I will tackle that trip.  But, this week I have finally started painting the girls rooms.  I really can't stand boring beige, plus the walls were filthy and needed it.  Anna Claire's room is the same green it was in Greenville.  I loved her room and the color!  But, Amelia wanted a pink room.  Not my favorite, but it isn't my room.  I finished Anna Claire's room yesterday, so I started Amelia's today.  I tried to get her to nap in the guest room, but that just wasn't happening.  So, when she made her way back into her room after I had done a good amount, she started saying wow, I like it mommy I like it, wow.  She was so amazed of her pink room.  Just seeing her reaction was worth me getting over myself and painting her room pink.  I did the rolling (still needs another coat) tonight when they went to bed, so I plan on trying to video her reaction in the morning.  I feel like it is Christmas I am so excited. 

This week wasn't as exciting as it should have been.  We have been getting crazy storms.  We planned to go to the sprinkler park one day, but we got rained out.  We had our first appointment with the girls new pediatrician on Monday.  He was nice, reminded me a lot of Mr. Rogers.  But, Anna Claire measured 30 inches.  I made the girl measure her again cause I thought there is no way.  She is barely reaching 28 inches on her wall marker.  But, it was 30 inches both times.  I think her little booty is so big it keeps her from being straight against the wall at home.  Wednesday we went to the park with my sister and nephew.  We took Anna Claire down the big slide, and she loved it!  Today, we went for a walk/jog around Arlington and saw a fox.  Crossed the road right in front of us.  I wasn't sure if I needed to be nervous, but it just completely ignored us.  Today was absolutely beautiful, so we spent a lot of time outside.  After naps, I was rinsing my paint brush, and the water made a little puddle outside, the girls probably had the most fun jumping in the puddle.  We took them back to the park tonight after dinner, then went and got frozen yogurt.  It was a really fun day! 
The girls took a little ride with daddy when he finished cutting the grass.  They look a mess because they were soaking wet from jumping in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment