Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bragging on my big girl!

Today we had Anna Claire's 9 month check up.  I had planned on taking Amelia to daycare to just make it easier, but she looked so sad about going.  So, I decided to take her with me.  She did so good at the doctor's office.  She is starting to act like such a big girl.  But, I am most proud of her for her potty training!  For so long, I never gave her the opportunity to tee tee at bedtime because I didn't want her to be able to roam the house at night.  Well, this weekend we ran out of diapers, so I had no choice but to give it a shot.  It then all of the sudden occurred to me.  We have the elmo toilet.  She doesn't use it anymore, but it would work just fine in her room.  Why did I not think of this before!?!  She hasn't been perfect.  But, she is doing really well using the elmo toilet, plus she is so proud of herself that she really wants to use it.  I am so bad about not giving my girls enough credit for their abilities.  I just think they aren't ready for something when they really are.  Anna Claire is starting to eat like a big girl.  She loves it.  She will eat anything if I will just let her feed herself.  It is so hard to let go and let them grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment