Sunday, April 14, 2013

New Things on the Horizon

This past weekend, the family headed back to Memphis.  We originally planned to go because Drew was going to interview for a position with the University of Tennessee.  But, when his boss found out that he was looking to move, he decided to do what he had to keep him with Dow.  So, he was offered a new position with Dow that will move us back to Memphis!!!  We are so excited about this.  So, since we had already planned the trip, and my family was planning a birthday celebration, we decided to head on up and look around at houses.  We got there late Friday night, and met our friend Brandy for a photo session with the girls.  AC was in a good mood, but she is about to get a tooth, so she was chewing on her bottom lip the entire time.  I could not get a smile out of her.  Her photos are really cute though.  She is changing so much and so fast.  She is VERY clingy right now, and will not let me out of her sight.  I'm hoping that changes once her tooth comes in.  She is trying to crawl.  I'm not sure she ever will though.  She really just wants to walk.  She is so trying to stand up that she gives up on crawling, but she can get around in her own way.  It's pretty funny to watch her.  But, it is like over night she started sitting up on her own and just moving around.  Luckily it happened the night after I lowered her bed down.  I would say that is pretty good timing.

Saturday, we drove around and looked at houses.  It was very overwhelming.  I felt more lost and confused.  Life would be so much easier if we were independently wealthy.  That afternoon we headed back to my parents for my birthday celebration.  I decided I wanted to have a fish fry.  My family wasn't too excited, but I think everyone had a good time.  My dad decided that he is now a bee charmer.  Last year he got a bee hive but they got eaten by worms.  He and my mom went Saturday to get another beehive.  5 hours of bouncing in the back of a truck made for some really angry bees.  So, I was so worried about the bees that I forgot to take pictures of Amelia's for fishing trip.  The grandkids (minus AC) all went fishing.  They would catch a fish as soon as their hook hit the water.  They had a lot of fun.  We had a lot of fun playing around at my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment