Sunday, January 6, 2013

Our Week in Review

I am so far behind, so instead of postdating and playing catch up, I'm just going to make this a quick review.

Monday, we finally got to come back home with Anna Claire.  Her numbers are lower than when we first got cholangitis, so everything is good!  We are on high dose antibiotics for a while, but that is it.  Yay!  Since we missed Chistmas, New Years Eve was our Christmas Eve.  Amelia and I made cookies for Santa.  We didn't get home to Greenville till 5, so we just put them together really quick.  But, she didn't mind.  She loved trying to eat them before I could  get them away.
This was Amelia at the Fedex house.  I love that they left all the Christmas decorations up till New Year.  She really doesn't know the difference!

Tuesday, Santa finally came to the Ellis house!  Amelia loved everything!  Including Anna Claire's presents.  Good thing AC doesn't know the difference yet!  The cutest thing was Santa brought them both knit hats, AC's was a monkey and Amelia's is an owl.  They are so cute!  Well, I was opening AC's stocking for her, so hers went a little faster than Amelia's.  I pulled out AC's hat and put it on her, Amelia didn't say anything, but when she reached in her stocking and felt something knit, she starts screaming, Monkey hat! Monkey hat!  She was so excited!  She was ok that hers was an owl though.






Amelia and her owl hat
She wore her princess outfit for 2 days

Wednesday was just a normal day.  I took all the Christmas stuff down, and we just hung out. 

Thursday, I went back to work.  When I got home, Drew tells me that AC has fever.  It was only 100, but she had been fussy that day, not sleeping well, so I immediately call her doctor.  It was so late though and they were changing over to the on call, so he didn't call me back.  I was a little annoyed, but by 6:30 her fever had come down.  So, I decided I would just call first thing in the morning.  The nurse ended up calling me right at 8.  I told her everything, got a call back around noon, and they decided to change her antibiotic.  She is now on cipro twice a day.  Of course that isn't a drug used a lot for kids so they had none in Greenville.  Luckily they did have it in Cleveland, so Drew drove their to get it.  She still has a low fever occasionally, but she is fever free for the most part.  Thank God!!  I cannot handle another 10 days in the hospital this soon!  I am just praying this works for her.
We are pretty exhausted right now, and needing a little bit of normalcy for a while!

1 comment: