Sunday, November 16, 2014

bed time routines

Drew and I have the routine of him putting Anna Claire to bed and I put Amelia to bed.  I always read Amelia a story, we say prayers, and then I pat her back before leaving her room.  Well, a few months ago Drew and I changed it up and got a chance to put Anna Claire to bed.  She's not much for getting back patted, so I wanted to come up with our own little routine.  So, we read a story, and I wanted to rock her for a minute.  She is my last baby, and I need all the rocking like a baby I can get before I can't get anymore.  Well, she isn't my child that likes to rock, so in order to convince her to let me hold her like a baby I asked her if she wanted to sing a song, so we sang several songs together before going to bed.  When I put her to bed again, she just looked at me and said song.  She wanted me to hold her like a baby and sing a song with her.  Melted my heart!  So, now our night time routine is read her a story or both girls a story together, Anna Claire and I sing a song together, then kisses good night and getting in bed, then off to Amelia's room for patting her back and kisses.  I love our little night time routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment